KASK Super Plasma Work Catalog 2012
This new hi-tech helmet has been specifically designed for professional work and rescue applications. It is lightweight, compact, comfortable and well-ventilated with its 10 air intakes that that provide efficient cooling and ventilation. The air intakes on the outer shell are equipped with the protective aluminum anti-intrusion grille that prevents entry of debris into the helmet.
The helmet’s outer shell is made of High Density ABS Plastic and designed to withstand significant impact from the above or side (meeting the requirement of CE EN 397 and CE EN 12492 standards). The helmet’s inner shell is made of High Density (HD) Polystyrene and has ducts that allow natural air flow and heat recycling.
Four fastening points chinstrap is designed to decrease the risk of helmet loss in case of an impact during a fall (breaking strength of more than 50daN or 112.4 lb, CE EN 12492 Mountaineering Helmet Standard). Its safety release system allows quick fastening and opening of the locking mechanism and in compliance with the requirements of CE EN 397 (European Standard for Industrial Safety Helmets). Soft polyethylene side retractors regulate length of the straps. Provided with a special red-colored ring on one of the straps for fastening helmet to a harness.
Provided with the external lamp carrying clips made from strong Nylon 6.6 that are compatible with all head lamps available on the market. Accessories include Visor (Clear, Smoke and Mirror), Winter Cap and Adapter for helmet-mount ear muffs. Ideal for tree climbing, forestry, framing & roofing, sawmills, logging, construction, rescue climbing and other similar work activities. Made in Italy. WARNING:
Plasma Work does not meet requirements of the CE EN 397 and ANSI Z89.1-2009 standards regarding electrical insulation. Plasma Work is Type I Class C helmet based on ANSI Z89.1-2009 classification. (NOTE: A helmet of Type I is designed to provide crown (top) impact protection. It is not intended to provide protection from lateral (side) impacts. Class C stands for Conductive and this class is not intended to provide protection from electrical conductors, and are not tested for electrical resistance).
Inner Polystyrene Shell
- Improved safety is provided by the increased shell’s thickness in the summit area and by the extended shell’s contact surface with the head in front and rear parts of the inner shell.
- Superior fit on the head and better comfort due to the greater shell’s contact surface with the head.
- Increased natural air flow due to the vents in the inner shell’s summit area that provide efficient ventilation and air recycling.
- Advanced shape of the inner shell provides improved durability and better adaptation to all head sizesInner Padding
- New Polygiene® treated 2DRY® fabric offers greater freshness and active protection from unpleasant odor even after frequent wearing. The high-tech wool fabric provides maximum comfort and rapid absorption of moisture keeping the skin fresh and dry. Polygiene® treated inner padding permanently inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria, provides greater freshness, odor elimination, integrity and preservation of material, and reduction of washing frequency. The padding is supplied with two labels/tags that guarantee the originality of the fabric and its Polygiene® treatment.
- Double welded edge padding for added strength and comfort.Strap System and Chin Pad
- Chin pad is made from the leatherette - artificial leather. It’s anti-allergic, washable, extremely comfortable and eliminates irritation of the skin.
- Strap system is crossed-back for greater stability of the helmet on the head.Size Adjustment System
- New and proprietary Up-N-Down size adjustment system provides the most precise and comfortable fit. Its mechanism consists of a central ratchet wheel and two lateral ﬁnger-push winglets that allow rapid and exact adjustment of the size. The advanced size adjustment system offers increased stability of the helmet due to two additional adjustments of height and inclination, allowing correct positioning and ultimate fit of the helmet.
- Supplied with the non-slip rubberized inner pads for better comfort. Plastic Headband
- Injection-molded plastic headband for greater strength and durability.
- Equipped with the openings that provide a greater air flow.Visor (sold separately)
- New visor mounting system is made of polycarbonate and allows two positions: Up – on top of the helmet and Down – working position.
- Polycarbonate construction eliminates oxidation and loss of the traditional mounting screws.
- Expanded face-surface protection.
- Identification and compliance information is laser-printed instead of using the label.
- Equipped with a protective film to be removed before use.
- Certified ANSI Z87.1 - 2010. Ear Muffs Adapters (included)
- Made from polycarbonate.
- Easy installation with a single stainless steel screw.
- Compatible with the bayonet-type and cap-mount Peltor, MSA and Hellberg ear muffsProduct Specifications
Outer shell – ABS Plastic
Inner shell - HD Polystyrene
Ventilation - 10 Air Intakes
Headband - PE Polythene
Inner Lining - Fully Washable
Lamp Carrying System - External Nylon 6.6 Lamp Clips
Size Universal - Adjustable 51 - 62
Weight - 450g / 1 lb
Available colors: White Fluo, Yellow Fluo, Red Fluo, and Lime Fluo
Adapter for Helmet-mount Ear Defenders is included
Made in ItalyAvailable Sizes
51 - 62
6-3/8 - 7-3/4
20-1/8 - 24-1/2
XS - XXL
ANSI Z89.1-2009 American National Standard for Industrial Head Protection
CE EN 397 - Specification for Industrial Safety Helmets Standard
CE EN 12492 - Mountaineering equipment. Helmets for Mountaineers. Safety Requirements and Test Methods
Kask Work Helmets Use & Care Instructions
Intended use of this helmet involves activities that are extremely dangerous. FAILURE TO HEED AND FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND ANY OF THESE WARNINGS MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR EVEN DEATH. DANGER!
This helmet has no electrical insulation rating due to the ventilation intakes. DO NOT USE THIS HELMET IN AN ELECTRICAL HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENT. WARNING:
Carefully read and understand these Instructions. Use this helmet exclusively for the activities for which it is certified (see Labeling) and in strict accordance with ANSI Z89.1-2009 and all applicable OSHA regulations. WARNING:
Improper use of this helmet can cause serious or fatal injury. If the instructions are not followed correctly, the level of protection offered by the helmet can be significantly reduced. Inspect the helmet before each use for any signs of visible damage. DO NOT USE HELMET IF THERE IS ANY SUSPICION OF ITS CONDITION OR AFTER A MAJOR IMPACT. WARNING:
It is mandatory that user becomes knowledgeable about all features of the helmet, its capabilities and limitations, and gets specific instructions and/or training from a competent and responsible person in the proper use of the helmet. WARNING:
USER OF THE HELMET IS FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS ACTIONS AND ASSUMES ALL RISKS FOR ITS DECISIONS. KASK S.r.l., its affiliates, subsidiaries, importers, distributors and dealers will accept no responsibility in the event of an accident leading to injury or even death and shall not be liable for any injury, death, loss, or damage resulting from improper use of this helmet.